As I begin typing, I’m practically twitching with excitement knowing that this marks the 100th time I am writing a post for this blog. It’s crazy to think that this all began with an essay I wrote for an English class—an essay that allowed me to finally release my thoughts and feelings after years of not doing so.
Over the years, I let you into my life in the hopes that you would read my posts and think, “Wow, someone finally gets it,” because I know how it is to feel like no one does. I know how it hard it is to feel completely alone, and I wanted to help people feel like someone was there for them. (I hope I succeeded, so far.)
To celebrate the big 1-0-0, I wanted to cram as much meaning into a single post as possible, and I’m pretty confident that I succeeded. Although it took me a lot longer than I anticipated (Sorry about no posts recently), I came up with 100 reasons to keep going.
From struggling with getting through one more semester of school to getting through one more day, there is always a reason to keep going. I hope you find it (and more) below.
100 reasons to keep going—no matter the circumstances:
- You’re strong.
- So many people love you.
- You can do anything you put your mind to.
- Every “no” you hear only puts you that much closer to a “yes.”
- The only way to learn is to experience struggles.
- Giving up will just put your back to square one.
- You matter.
- What you’re doing matters.
- You touch more lives than you could ever guess.
- It can only go up from here.
- People are here to help you. Reach out to them.
- If you stop, you’ll never make it out of the current situation you’re in.
- There is so much more to life than what you’re experiencing right now.
- You have a purpose, and you will find it.
- If you give up now, all your hard work would have been for absolutely nothing.
- There are always other options. Always.
- Each and every day you get on this earth is a gift.
- There are some people who could only dream to be in the situation you’re in right now.
- You’re blessed.
- Your presence on this earth impacts more people than you could ever guess.
- Better things are coming.
- Life isn’t easy.
- You will never regret the decision to not give up.
- You can only get through tough times by doing just that—going through it.
- The decision to keep going is the only way you can learn.
- Life gets boring if you stay in one place for too long.
- Always challenge yourself. That’s how you grow.
- Things tend to seem worse than they actually are.
- Your future is brighter than your present.
- Accomplishment is one of the greatest feelings.
- There are so many people rooting for you, even if you can’t see it.
- There is always someone you can turn to for help.
- You’re never alone.
- Future you will thank present you for powering through this.
- There’s no such thing as success without struggle.
- You will look back at these difficult moments and thank yourself for overcoming them.
- The sense of accomplishment and pride you’ll feel tomorrow will outweigh any doubt or worry you feel today.
- Strong people don’t give up.
- People doubt you, but proving them wrong will be the most glorious thing to experience.
- Your dreams outweigh any hurdle that stands in your way.
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Your struggles are someone else’s dreams. Take advantage of the opportunity you have.
- Frustration leads to perseverance, which leads to success.
- Prove to yourself that you can do this.
- Because I’m rooting for you, and I want to see you win.
- You are capable of anything you set your mind to.
- Change is scary, but it can lead to bigger and better things.
- You are exactly where you’re meant to be.
- Everything happens for a reason, including you.
- You deserve every bit of happiness and success you can get.
- Your success will inspire others to be successful.
- An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. When life is pulling you back, it just means it’s about to launch you into something great.
- Your presence matters. (Whether it be at your job, in your home or on this earth.)
- The true test of your character is in how you deal with difficult situations. Don’t fail the test.
- Time is not infinite. You only have so much, so make it worthwhile.
- You are fully capable.
- Maybe you lost the battle, but you’ll win the war.
- The more you struggle, the more you learn.
- Don’t let this destroy you. Let it build you.
- Your history is still being written, and you’re the author.
- Everything takes time to learn.
- You’re only a person. You will make mistakes.
- I want you to succeed.
- Your family wants you to succeed.
- Your friends want you to succeed.
- Don’t let us all down.
- You make a difference in the world. Seriously.
- You have a purpose—maybe what you’re working on is it.
- Anything worthwhile takes time, sacrifice and effort.
- When you give up, you’re more likely to give up more often.
- You may be a lot closer to your goal than you think you are.
- People look up to you.
- Persistence is something that can only be learned through hardships.
- You make the world a better place.
- Your future is going to be worth fighting for.
- Ten years from now, you won’t even remember most of these struggles.
- Every single success story begins with adversity.
- Nothing lasts forever.
- When you give up on your dreams, you give up on yourself.
- You will never look back and say, “I wish I would’ve given up.”
- If it comes easy, it’s not worth it.
- When Thomas Edison was in the midst of inventing the light bulb, people said it would be “a conspicuous failure.”
- Michael Jordan was cut from the varsity basketball team his sophomore year. Look what he became.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- The beginning is always the hardest.
- Coca-Cola only sold 25 bottles in its first year.
- You haven’t seen your best days yet.
- For every reason you have to quit, there are 10 reasons to keep going.
- You have the abilities to be successful. It’s just about putting those abilities to work.
- Every single person on this earth deserves happiness and success—including you.
- Failure leads to success, as long as you learn from it.
- At the end of this all, you don’t want a life filled with regret.
- Every single problem has a solution. Find it.
- The path to success isn’t straight. It’s complicated and filled with twists, curves and U-turns.
- There is always help. Always, always, always.
- Struggle gives life meaning.
- You are in control, even when it doesn’t feel like it.
- When you give up on life, you’re giving up on any chance of success.
- People will want to know how you reached success. The more struggles, the more interesting the story becomes.
- As long as you keep going, you’ll make it eventually. Every. Single. Time.
Want to make sure you don’t miss my posts? Join my subscriber list!
11 thoughts on “100 reasons to keep going”
no offence but half of these are guilt tripping and absolutely none of them work
Dont take this the wrong way. it could just be my depressed butt but i came up with 100 counters as I read these
I don’t take it the wrong way at all! That’s completely valid. It’s all about your mindset, though. Everyone’s brain automatically focuses on the negative, and you have to consciously change that to focus on the good thoughts. It’s been hard, but it’s something I have grown to be able to do! I’m hoping to write a post on this as soon as I am able to. Hopefully it will help 🤍
Thank you. I needed this at this moment. Thank you.
So happy I was able to help 🤍
yeahh!! indeed we should keep going, no matters how much hurdles we crossed, how much pain we bear, life without pain is no gain 🙂
Loved this post! It was just the kind of pick-me-up I needed!